Friday, December 17, 2010

Start With Yourself
When I was Young and free and my imagination had no limits,
I dreamed of changing the world.
As I grew older and wiser,I discovered the world wold not change,
So I shortened my sights somewhat and decided to change only my country.

But it too seemed immovable
As I grew into my twilight year, in one last desperate attempt,
I settled for changing only my family,
those closet to me,but alas,they would have none of it,
And now as I lie on my dealthbed,I suddenly realized,
If I had changed myself first,
Then by example I would have changed my family.

From their inspiration and encouragement,
I would thehave been able to better my country
And who knows
I may have even changed the world also. 

               By Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment